Thursday, November 20, 2008

Timmyisms

As my brother Tim grew up, we tried to keep track of the really fun things that he says. Lately as he's been around Cooper he's come up with a few doozies.

  • Tim came downstairs from getting Cooper up from his nap and promptly told me, "I wiggled him a little bit and bonked his head on his crib, but he didn't cry."
  • I asked Tim to run up and see if Cooper was sleeping yet, when he came downstairs he said, "It looks like it's asleep to me..."
  • When Cooper was crawling around on the floor he found one of Tim's shoes. Tim panicked and said, "Get it before it hiccups it's gross stuff into my shoes!" (I moved Cooper and he promptly hiccuped all over me...)
  • No matter how much prodding or gentle reminding, Tim still to this moment calls Cooper "it".
  • I'm not sure if I blogged this before, so I apologize. We have some railroad tracks fairly close to our house which run through a trail by the golf course. Apparently Dad taught Tim how to put a coin on the tracks to flatten it. (Smooth move) So, one day while both Steven and I were at work, Tim was supposed to be hanging out our house watching a movie, but had decided to go for a walk. I was starting to get concerned because he was not answering his phone. When he finally resurfaced I explained to him that I had gotten worried because I didn't want him putting stuff on the tracks without Dad. To which he sheepishly told me that he had wanted to put his cell phone on the tracks but he thought it would make Mom mad. Awesome.

What a guy.

10 comments:

Ritzville RS said...

That is so awesome! I would love to meet your brother. He is a crack up :)
Also, I call my kids 'it'. I always have.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I miss Tim and everyone else being over here in Washington! Cooper is getting so big!

Brousseau Family said...

Oh my gosh - I laughed so hard. "It" huh? Awesome. . .

Anonymous said...

Cass the hiccuping one made me laugh the hardest. He is SO entertaining. Loved the little video too, more of those!

-Gin

Life According to Scott said...

Awesome Tim How funny

Jackie said...

I laughed and laughed at these. Thanks, Cas, for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

This post was a total-crack-up!!! I mean it...tears and all! Cassie...you are a wonderful writer...Tim...you are a wonderful subject...unbeatable combination, a book in the making!! Oh my gosh...I'm still laughin'!! Love, mom/gma

PS...tell "it" thanks for being so brave (the crib incident) and cooperative)xoxox

Anonymous said...

It was good times when I was there...let's do it again soon! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Anyone know what happened to the original list of Timmyisms? I would like to go back and review them. Grandpa D

Shawn, Kayla, Evalie and Evan said...

Hey Cassie!
I absolutely adore Tim, too. He is just the coolest person.
Sorry about moving and not letting you know! It happend really fast. If you don't mind mailing the pump to my friend, that would be great...or next time I am in PF I can swing by and get it. Call me and we can figure it out! Thanks! 509.570.8722
Cooper is so dang cute by the way, I love his cheeks! Congrats on the upcoming arrival. TTYL. Kayla