Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Brave Enough?

I did some Thanksgiving shopping today, it totally snuck up on me. I tried to trick Steven into going shopping with me tonight, but he didn't fall for it. So, I of course expected the crowds and everything, but about halfway through the excursion I realized what was happening. (When I say excursion, I mean excursion. Target, Costco, Walmart)
I realized that the stores were so crazy because they have about twice as many people working. Not working on helping people, but working on getting ready for shoppers coming on Friday. I waited in a Walmart traffic jam FOREVER because all those poor employees were trying to set up and match prices from the ads in the paper. They all had their own copy of the ad, and they were totally wrinkled and written on. I'll never forget delivering newspapers in Orem on Black Friday. Mobs of people were lined up everywhere. It's crazy to me.
Are you brave enough to shop on Black Friday? Do you wait all night outside, hide stuff in the store the day before? Or are you like me, and not even leaving the house on Friday?

4 comments:

Jackie said...

It depends on how good the deal is! I love looking through the Thanksgiving paper to find the deals!

Life According to Scott said...

I stay as far away from the mall as I can there is nothing that good that I have to have it and anyway in January it comes down in price anyway!
LOL

Anonymous said...

That's totally crazy and I've had it with that right now! But it depends what day, rather than Friday that you have to go and I hope I see you soon. Love, Tim

Anonymous said...

Dad and I ventured out this Black Friday for the first time ever for the express purpose of people watching. We found everyone cordial and cheerful...it was really quite fun and most likely a new tradition...Love, mom