- In preparation for the Christmas program, Jared was asked to narrate a portion of the nativity play, and when his turn for the microphone came it squeaked. And into the microphone Jared says, "They've hacked into our microwave system!"
- When generally asked in primary when Jesus would come again (looking for the answer that no one knows) Jared raised his hand and said, "April 1st 2016 will be first contact!"
- Arriving at church very early (long story), I was sitting in the chapel when Jared and his brother and sister arrived. He had with him a very large souvenir newspaper that I assume he brought back with them from their Hawaiian vacation. (The headline was about the attack on Pearl Harbor) When his older brother tried to take the newspaper, Jared shouted very loudly, "Don't touch my tie, I don't have underwear on!"
- During a practice for our primary program, Jared brought with him half a broken fishing pole that he wanted to give to the chorister to use as a baton. He did, and she did, and then she gave it right back to him. There was a great deal of sword fighting and rifle shooting with the broken antenna. Both Steven and I were nervous that he might hurt someone else with the imaginative tool. Steven leaned over and asked him to give it to him. Jared responded very loudly with,"Are you threatening me?" and when I leaned over to get involved he asked me," Are you trying to take my personal property?" After which I told him he could put it under his chair or give it to me, which interrupted our practice for about 3 minutes while he decided. I wasn't fazed, Tim has done much worse, but when Jared and I were done negotiating the Primary Presidency looked like I had spun gold. It was awesome.
- One sharing time when the classes were split into a boys team and a girls team for a challenge, Jared announced repeatedly that he was the general for the boys team and proceeded to tuck his suit jacket into his pants and then retie his belt on the outside like a ninja costume, and he then beat everyone up.
- Yesterday in Primary his mother came in to check on things, and he told her that he had a headache and needed to go home. She checked his head and told him that he was going to stay. So, then he said his throat hurt. (Of course in a suddenly raspy voice) She told him that he had to stay. She turns to leave and he says just a little bit louder, "But, I'm constipated and must use the bathroom!" She turns and says, if you are constipated you don't need to use the bathroom, and again turns to leave. As soon as she is almost outside the door he yells, "Okay, then I have diarrhea!"
- This is my favorite one by far. Jared raised his hand yesterday and asked the Primary President if he could show the primary a Hawaiian dance he learned on his vacation. She told him she didn't think that there was going to be time, and that maybe the next week would be better. Not able to pass up this opportunity, I asked him to show me when Primary was over. It was awesome. He remembered everything they taught them, and was very handsome doing it. But the best part was when his sister came to look for him. He asked her to show us the dance she learned, which she was too embarrassed to do. So, don't worry, he showed us her hula too. Complete with hips and sounds. I'll never forget it.
I am so grateful to have grown up with Tim. Even though there were very difficult moments, I am so glad that I am able to interact with these other special spirits comfortably because I've been doing it since I can remember. Jared makes primary for me every week, I'm so grateful he's there. Can't wait to see what happens next week!