Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sleeping Arrangements

I have found the answer! Lately I have not been sleeping well at all, mainly due to the fact that our box springs is busted right in the middle. It sounds totally ghetto I know, but when my younger brother Tim spends the night, his favorite "surprise" is to run into our room and jump on our bed with us in it. He usually goes right for the middle, and the first time he did it, we heard a huge crack. So, we switched out the box springs with our guest bed (apologies guests...) and had a very long conversation with Tim about why we were doing this. So, true to Tim form the very next time he came for a visit, another surprise jump and another broken box springs. So, now we make do and roll into each other every night.
Recently Steven and I were talking about all the things we loved doing our first year of marriage, and camping came up. He suggested we take a quick camping trip before the baby is born. (Anybody been outside lately?!!) So, as a surprise I set up our air mattress and sleeping bags and various camping treats in our living room last weekend. Imagine my surprise when I slept through the night! We spent the entire weekend on that air mattress. It was great. When I had had enough of sleeping in our living room it went back into the camping gear, only to have the worst night of sleep ever back in our bed. So everyone....



That's right! For the rest of this pregnancy I am sleeping on our air mattress.


I can't really explain why it's so much better, only that it gives in the right places. We deflate it a little, and the end result is that it feels more like a hammock then a mattress. My hips don't hurt, and I usually sleep through the night. It's awesome!


Also, yesterday we went and shopped for everything on our "baby list". Our list contained everything since we had nothing, ranging from shampoo to the baby's crib. It was very fun, and Steven did such a good job staying interested. (I'm sure that the crackers and gatorade grabbed at Target to keep the blood sugar up helped...) We had so much fun and found almost everything on our list. We have just a few things left to find and yesterday's trip made everything seem real. We bought our first diapers yesterday, and I think everything settled on Steven in that exact moment. It's possible that he said, "We bought diapers today" about 10 times.




Upon coming home my husband carried the crib to the baby's room and announced he was going to put it together. I hate putting furniture together, so it was a dream come true to get to sit and watch someone else do it.

Yes, The Office is playing on the laptop in the background. I usually get so frustrated during these experiences I try to put something on that will keep me happy.



Notice I said we got "most" of the things on our list. I forgot the dust ruffle...But nonetheless I think it turned out pretty cute! I love how Steven is holding a hammer and a screwdriver as his tools. I can't remember a single instance in which Steven needed the hammer to build the crib, but I love that it's one of the tools!
It seems that our sleeping arrangements are solved...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a great husband!
Love you sweetie.

Candy Javier said...

Cassie it turned out so cute! Can you believe how close you are?!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks like such fun. I love when you get to go out and shop! Who DOESN'T like it? I like how you said that Steven put it together, and yet to keep you happy you still had to put The Office on. This made me laugh, not because of you, but of me. I will say, Okay babe, go ahead and do that project, and then the entire time fuss over him and how it's going. I must drive most everyone I know just a little bit crazy. And oh. . .just hearing the words "hips" and sleep at the same time makes me remember the times that they would ache so bad I would sleep in the reclining chair in our room instead. Ouch! There is nothing else that describes that. What else do you guys still need?

Daines said...

We did a really good job with our list yesterday. I am looking for a sling, because I'm going to need to keep the baby with me all 3 hours of church, and I have to play piano for 2 of those. Our primary is so huge that they split Jr. and Sr. primary into two groups so we literally have singing time for two hours.
We need moniters, nail clippers, and the dust ruffle. I bought Coop's first Sunday outfit today, I'm getting so excited!
The hips thing is funny because sometimes at the end of the day I seriously feel like everything just needs to pop back into place. Like these hips weren't wide enough to start with!
Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Cas, we got our video baby monitor at Costco last year, and we LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

I feel somewhat responsible...anybody price out a boxsprings lately?? Love, Tim's mom

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

Dave says:

STEVE (also known as "the Lion") you did it! YEAH, you're the next Bob the Builder.