Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Around Here

Just a few things that are happening lately....

I was finally able to convince Steven to purchase a new pair of shoes. He's been wearing the same pair of New Balance sneakers since we were first married. (He recently told me he feels like he can feel the cement through them.) So, he searched and this was the end result. The same pair of shoes, but a much cooler "Kermit the Frog" green. On a side note, he finally gave into the expense and the next day found an old box that had his old mission piggybank in it from when he was growing up. Strangely the box held the exact amount of money he spent on the shoes.

Also, I am suffering. I have a very strange and itchy rash related to pregnancy. I was told by the doctor that 1% of pregnant women have the opportunity to enjoy it. It's called PUPPS, and they don't know what causes it, just that you will have it until after the baby is born. So, I've had it for about two weeks, and will get to enjoy/endure this for another 5. It's difficult to capture all the agony that the rash is, but just know it is everywhere and itches like bug bites. (Including on the bottom of my feet)

This week for FHE we had a night of pizza and playing Scene It, the Pirates of the Carribean version. The game was very interesting. I thought I would totally dominate but the game is very tricksy. It somehow knows to give all the easy questions to the elderly parents and the trick questions to the people who have actually seen (and thought they understood) the movies. My very favorite part of the night was when Tori was petting Trooper and she turned to her mother and told her that "Trooper's pants were very soft." Awesome.


This picture contains the aforementioned "Kermit" sneakers, the "soft pants" dog, and the huge desk that Steven decided needed to go in our room. We really need to communicate about this "nesting" stage better.

We are getting so excited for Kaden's baptism weekend. We can't wait to see the Maile's and the Brousseau's! It feels like we haven't seem them forever. Don't let either picture fool you, they are all insane.



Can't wait til you guys get here!

6 comments:

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

Dave and I are so proud of Steve for making the switch! That rash sounds like a bummed deal. When I was pregnant I did water aerobics. I would get sooooo itchy. I took a shower at the pool and when i got home and I still had a hard time falling asleep because everything itched. Maybe it was similar, but it only happened when I went swimming in chlorine.

It will all be over soon and you'll have that new wonderful part of your life. And then as wonderful as they are, you might forget how miserable being pregnant is and wish, maybe just for a day, that you could put them back in. Let's just say they are a lot easier to take care of in your tummy. Along with that idea I have some advice for you(which I know you get sick of hearing when you are pregnant) that someone gave me and I didn't take, but now wish I had. Go to the movies a lot this last month. I haven't been since Lucy has been born and I don't forsee it anytime soon.

Take care! We miss you guys!

Roux686 said...

Lemme know when the fam is coming up... I wanna see them.

dad said...

Whatever do you mean, elderly and easy questions? Winning is winning whether the questions were easy or not. Besides, we deserve easy in our advancing years.

As far as the rash goes, it gives you a nice color. At least you didn't get it a lot earlier on and only have a few days left.

I also must say that I completely agree with you about the length of the winter. I'm pretty tired of it as well am looking forward to some warmer weather. I have just finished completely detailing the boat to get it ready for the water and it looks pretty nice.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Dad is so funny! Sounds like you guys had a fun time. I'm so sorry about your rash! That is no fun. You are certainly earning this baby. Is Connie coming for the baptism? I'm giving you (or someone there) a job. Take lots of pictures during baptism weekend so we can feel like we were there!

Anonymous said...

From the Elder-corner!

The BEST pirates are the older wiser ones who know how to follow the guidelines of the code!! And, don't ya'll forget it!!

Okay...everybody...who's going to take the photo challenge from Jackie??

We can send them to Connie et al too since they can't be here either.

Love, Captain's First Mate
Arrrrrrrr

Ritzville RS said...

Isn't pregnancy joyous? It's amazing how much ALL of your organs are affected, especially your skin!! Hang in there!! Almost done!! WOO HOO!!!