Saturday, February 9, 2008

Party Animals

Today we had a baby shower here for a woman from our ward who doesn't have any family in the area. It actually was really fun and went off without a hitch. We opted to have it in the morning. (My idea) I think the reason I gave had something to do with mothers, and Saturdays and how it's such a busy day... but my secret reason was....Costco makes the best pre-made baked breakfast goods!
Everything went so well, it was very fun to have women from the ward come that I wasn't very familiar with. Since Steven and I are in primary, unless someone is also in primary or really rowdy in sacrament, chances are we have no idea who they are. But, this is all changing with Steven's new calling. I have never witnessed a calling for which you needed to know so many names!
The last shower I attended in this ward was different then any I had ever been to. All the women brought their children, and it was sort of a free-for-all during the shower, so I wasn't sure what to plan for as far as the children were concerned. So, the husband was asked to be on child duty. We made sure to have crackers and a movie upstairs so the kids would have something to do. I let Steven pick the movie and he chose "Snow Buddies". (The new movie about puppies that become a dog-sled team) Turns out the only kids who came were the Javier kids, so they got the royal treatment with Uncle Steve. I have been hearing quotes from the puppy movie all day...sounds like a winner.

So, here are a few pictures from our day..
P.S. Tori is leaning because to take the picture I had to gain her attention and stand in front of the tv. She seems pleased.
My favorite part of the whole event was coming upstairs to see Steven and Sammy. I told them to say cheese and instead Steven said,"I want to take a nap..."
Happy Saturday!

5 comments:

Roux686 said...

Hmmm, another plug for a food item. Are you getting paid for this?

Dave and Abby said...

Cassie,
Ok, I've never actually met YOU (even though I was in the temple the same time you and Steve got married, and I must give you snaps for the creativity of your donut-wedding cake), but back to the point: would you tell that shaved-head bloke you live with hello from an old school chum, Abby Nordstrom Thuet? Congratulations on your baby, and since you guys didn't really send out wedding announcements, tell Steve congratulations on marrying such a darling girl - and congrats to you too, you couldn't have found a better guy! Luv Abby (thethuets@blogspot.com)

Candy Javier said...

Many thanks again to Uncle Steven and Auntie Cassie for taking care of the Javiers once again! We love you, hurry up and have that baby!

Anonymous said...

Yea...hurry up!! Love, anxious gma

Toby and Tammy said...

Cassie and Steve,
I found your blog off of the Grimmett's. What a cute blog! Congrats on the baby. We are also having a baby in May. Come by and say hi sometime.
www.tobyandtammythornton.blogspot.com
Love Tammy (Mullin) Thornton