Friday, February 1, 2008

A little indulgence...

I always look forward to the "next" thing. No matter what I'm going through or participating in, I always look forward to what's coming next. For example, during the summer I look forward to winter, and vice versa. I know this one is fairly common...I'm just getting started. As I have spoken to others, I have come to understand that many people look forward to seasons and other fun things that are coming up in their lives. (Things like trips, holidays, etc.) But, I think my husband would tell you that I'm a little bit worse.
I see my life as a series of "humps" that I have to get over to get to the next thing. Whether that means I can't be excited for Christmas until Thanksgiving is over, or I can't be excited to go on a trip until I've packed everything in the car...etc. Sometimes I catch myself in the middle of these thoughts because I want to really try to enjoy my life for what I'm experiencing while I experience it.
Today I am indulging my not so great habit... I am really missing warm weather, so I compiled some pictures of things I would rather be doing or feeling today! (Please note that not all of the pictures were taken by me, I'm not sure who took each, so if it was someone out there reading this...thanks!)


I'm looking forward to BBQ's at the cabins. This particular time was at the beginning of the season last year, hence the sweatshirts and coats. I love that you can see the cabins in the backgrounds. They are truly one of my favorite places to be.



I'm looking forward to Dad getting back to golfing. I know how much he misses it, it's always fun to hear his stories and know how happy the sunny season makes him.


I'm looking forward to being exhausted at the end of a day in the sun. (I also miss being tan, but my definition of tan and Tori's definition are very different)


I'm looking forward to it not getting dark until about ten o'clock at night. Makes life seem a little more excitng when you don't feel like you are supposed to be sleeping at four.


I'm looking forward to Mom's flowers. Somehow each year I always delude myself into thinking that I might be able to copy what she's done at least a little...



I'm looking forward to being on the boat with sisters...



I'm looking forward to fun vacations..(shell searching)


I'm looking forward to Mom relaxing in the sun. Since everyone knows that Mom is a California girl, one of the only times she will lay still for more then 5 minutes is in the sun. Although,truthfully this picure is contradictory since she says she can't relax on the boat...
I'm looking forward to swimming in the lake, and having a designated flag holder...
I look forward to the nights being warm enough that crazy girls can sleep in the back of dad's truck in sleeping bags...

I'm looking forward to watching my husband wakeboard, because I can't do it...

I'm looking forward to blue sky and water. Bring on summer!

7 comments:

Candy Javier said...

Cas,
I am having a particularly hard afternoon. These pictures brought back so many good memories, thank you for the reminder of how fun and effortless things can be. Love you.

Jessica said...

I'm trying to decide if those fun, refreshing pictures are making today better, or worse. I am really over winter.

And I am totally a "next" thing person, too.

Anonymous said...

Okay...I put some flowers in a pot and put on my bathing suit...now I'm ready to comment. Okay...the flowers...true; the suit...not so much! I think hearts like yours and Jessica's are simply visionary...never losing sight of the glories of the future ahead...tantalized by the memories of the past. You lead the way. I also loved the the thoughts of warm summer days...and maybe I can spend a bit more time on the boat this year. Dad is working so hard on cleaning it up from happy days of '07. We are so blessed! Love, mom

Anonymous said...

Cassie this brought back so many good memories for me and reminded me how grateful I am for all of my family and blessings! I love you guys!!!!

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

Oh...this really made me excited to go on walks to the park when it gets warmer. I never want to bring my little one out in the cold. I am so excited for your baby. You are so lucky things will just be warming up when you have your baby. We are planning a trip to Spokane sometime this summer and are excited to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Warm sunshine sounds so nice right now! I really wish I could be one of the ones out on the boat with you guys! One thing I'm looking forward to is letting my boys play outside more. As it is now it takes me a half an hour just to dress them to go out, and then they only stay out for a half hour anyway.

Anonymous said...

hey!!!!!!!!!!!! not fair! not fair! i repeat not fair! you don't know how cold it is here i utah!!!