Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The MOST Boring Blogger

I am aware that I am the most boring blogger. In my own defense I have been waiting for something to happen around here, but it seems like all the noteworthy things have either already happened, or they are about to happen. So, this blog is all about a bunch of little things that haven't really made mountains move, but just a bunch of small things that have happened around our house lately.




This is Steven's version of recuperating after being in charge at the house for a while. The model home is a little unique in that the company allows it to be used as a gathering place for the community. So on the night when we have a party or some other get together, Steven comes to keep me company. (The end result is above) Please note, this is at the model home, so the blanket and pillow are model home items.(Arrested Development anyone?!) The light was too bright, so a fort was made for shade. It just looks like a little boy fort to me....

We had a ton of snow dump on our little house this last weekend, and guess what...it's still coming! We have really loved all the snow, our only hiccup is the fact then when it does snow, our driveway is on such an incline that even when shoveled, it gets slippery enough for our cars to slide right our of the driveway. So we typically end up parking along the sidewalk in front of our house. Only this time it snowed so much that we can't get the Jetta out. (The wooden post seen in the above picture is about 3 feet high)



In the midst of our blizzard, we were lucky enough to get to have Mercer over. (We used the snow as an excuse and kept him for a few extra days.) We had such a blast with Mercer, he helped Steven teach his primary class on Sunday, and was there when Steven got set apart for his new calling...Ward Mission Leader.



Mercer received some Candy Canes as a treat from our bishop, and opted to eat them in the tub. Out of respect for Mercer....completely G rated!


On Monday we were lucky enough to get to play with Princess Victoria! When she's over she helps us understand how the drums are supposed to be played...
Our last day with Mercer was a snow day. We watched fun movies and made a Chocolate Cake together. (Thanks for the recipe Abby!) We are having a wonderful winter here in the arctic...we hope everyone else is coping as well as we are!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha! well pricess tori i hope you gave your best performence!

Anonymous said...

Line, I love your comments! Cas, I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. I'm so glad you decided to update us poor little Ohians. What's normal in your life we don't get to see, so more posts, please! Also, could you pass that message along to Candace? I do not envy your snow! Although it looks like you had fun with those two cute little ones. Are you counting down days yet? :-) Love you.

Anonymous said...

Um, I meant Ohioans...

Anonymous said...

I thought maybe you fell off the face of the planet! I love to hear the little things cuz it makes me feel like I'm there...and I really wish I was :( so anyway don't forget about us faithful readers when you are thinking if you should blog or not! ( My favorite are your Tim stories by the way!) Love you guys!

Roux686 said...

Don't worry, the brunt brood is a way more boring blog than yours.

Monica McCoy said...

Just so you know... I think you have a very exciting blog- not boring at all. I love how often you add things!!!