Monday, January 7, 2008

Trooper

Okay, we know we are crazy about our dogs. We love them. Recently we have been teaching them each about being in the house, (meaning) how to stay in the kitchen and go nowhere else...We have been wildly successful with Trooper. He is the best boy. His personality is very calm and I know this sounds incredibly corny, but he actually helps me to feel calm while Steven is gone. (That sentence seems to imply that I things are calm when Steven is home....what the?)




This is the Troopster the first night we brought him home from the shelter. We went to the shelter because we had read about different puppies in the paper, and when we got there they told us they also had a few other puppies that had been tossed out of a car the night before. So, a few short minutes later Steven was holding Trooper and crying. I'll never forget those tears.





Crazy Line. I think she actually taught Trooper how to be calm and submissive. I remember her first few nights visiting the puppies. I couldn't believe how still he was sitting for her, and then I saw how her knuckles were white, and it became clear just how tight she was holding on to him. Since those days, all he wants to do is sit in someones lap and be squeezed. Thanks Line!





Notice the lap sitting? It was fun when he was a baby, but it isn't so comfortable when someone weighs 80 lbs, and has "wandering limbs" and not a lot of finesse about the whole process.




Really stereotypical of Troop. I am constantly tripping over him because he is always right behind me. He is such a good boy and we love him so much.

So, I'm sure some of you are wondering...aren't there more dogs over there? To quote Tim, "Indeed you are correct sir!"

We are still working on the other dogs being in the house. With the baby coming, we are trying to establish that the house is a very calm and quiet sort of place. So, Troop is the best at it, and the others are learning. And let me tell you, it isn't a process you really want to see on film.


We love this guy.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Line is going to die when she sees these pictures. Only going to fuel the fire for that little girl. She can't wait to be a teenager just so she can have a dog. I've been trying to teach her how to check each family's blog on her own, and she'll be so thrilled to see her pictures on here. And Cass, you really do look adorable. Love you love you love you.

Candy Javier said...

I told you so! I can't believe how soon Cooper will be here. Hurry up Cass, grow baby grow!!!

Anonymous said...

you are sooooo welcome! tell trooper i love him!

Anonymous said...

I forgot how ADORABLE he was. Goes straight to your heart. It's probably nice to have a companion when Steve's gone. By the way, you look so cute. I know, I know, you don't feel it, even though people probably tell you all the time. TWO more months!
P.S. Abby, let me know when Line knows how to get on mine, because we'll post a special message for her.

Kiley said...

It's all in the name ;). Such a cute preg pic of you!!!