Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A New Year



As I pondered what to post to start the new year, I had many lame ideas...resolutions(scripture study), touching stories from the past year, (potential barf), so instead I decided to post some of my favorite pictures from the last year. It was hard to choose, but here are some of my favorite pictures from 2007, an amazing year for our little family.


We were married a little over a year ago, but I decided that it still counted. This is us with my family outside the Spokane Temple on Novemer 4th 2006.



And again with the Daines clan.




Newlyweds...




A few months after we were married, we added Cherry and Trooper to our family. Having the dogs has definitely been a learning experience for Steven and I, but we love our dogs so much, it's hard to imagine the year without them.




Easter at the Maile's. We hid so many eggs and had such a blast with all the hunting. We really miss living in Utah, we have a lot of people there that we love, and we miss them everyday.

Our first camping trip as a marrieds. We loved it! We went to Dinosaur National Park in Utah. This is Steven helping Addie on our hike. I've always loved this picture because it so describes Steven to me. He is always taking care of someone, but usually distracted by something else.




This is Steven with our dogs right before we left Utah for Idaho. You might notice that there are three in this picture. We added Brother about a week before we left. I love the comparable sizes, because Brother is now twice as big as both of the other dogs. Another telling picture for Steven, where is his other shoe? Anyone?



Moving into our very first house. Tim was such help to us. This is him carrying in a bag of clothes that he later informed us, "Must have had a hole in it."




Fourth of July. I love this picture because I love Brother, but I secretly love how healthy my flowers were in the background. (They were healthy about a week)



Pumpkin carving. I have such a wonderful husband. He did all the inside scraping, my most hated part.



This picture sums up how I feel about this year. It was completely exhausting, but happy. We are looking forward to the next year and all the trials and blessings that are coming our way. (Hopefully a lot more of the latter!)
Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Very nice post idea!

(Too bad Steven so boring all the time...)

Anonymous said...

Great, great pictures! I also love your new profile picture. You guys look so cute, plus I'm such a romantic. P.S.-Lose is such a goof in the easter picture! I miss being there, too. Love you guys.

Monica McCoy said...

Very cute. I loved the pictures of Steve on the horse with his feet out...hahha. It was so fun to see you guys. Happy New Year!!!

Roux686 said...

Good stuff. It made me laugh hahaha.