Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Startling Realization..

I had a moment today. I was listening to Steven speaking to one of our sisters-in-law, and as they discussed the upcoming holiday Heather signed off by saying that they had to run to a pack meeting. They joked around about beads and badges, and I sat frozen listening. I realized that I am going to have to go through the scouting program with our future boy. I thought I was done with that when Tim FINALLY got his Eagle.
I was remembering all the projects and meetings and I had a moment of pouting. Flashbacks of lost scout shirts, badges that hadn't been sewn...I want to type the noise I feel like making, but have discovered that there is no way to type it phonetically. But, I guess the really good news is that we have a future Dad, Uncles, and Grandpa's in the area to get to be part of this family's scouting.
The Daines

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I smiled real real real big when I read this blog, Cass. Because I have to say that is one thing that I have repeatedly thought, Yeah! No scouting for me! Although, I have to be careful or I 'll get a scouting calling. However, since I want all my girls to marry future eagle scouts, go Scouts!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm not sure how to do this leave a comment thing, because apparently I'm anonymous. This is Abby, and me also with the previous comment.

Jackie said...

I'm with ya there, Cas. Although I have had a lot less experience in that department. We'll have to help each other through it. Russell (dad) didn't do scouts growing up, but at least he's getting a little bit now through his calling!

Candy Javier said...

Oh my gosh, I never even thought of that! I don't mind participating, but I hope I never have to have that calling... (typing doesn't count as saying out loud right??)

Jessica said...

Seriously frigtened, as well. My brothers and husband didn't do much scouting, so it's that much more foreign to me!