Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Light Extravaganza

Since I was little, decorating the house for Christmas has been a huge deal. Mainly because my Mom loved it so much (I think), but my idea of Christmas decorating has been Mom giving instructions and everyone including Dad sort of falling in line. I never once saw my dad complain, and I was too excited to even think about complaining. So....



When it came time to decorate our house for Christmas this year I was very excited.I had a plan for every part. I put garland on the banister. (the poinsetta's were what Steven remembered his Mom decorating with each year on the stairs, so we compromised).





I had so much fun getting the decorations out from last year! Here is just one more taste of the decorating...(extra points if you can figure out what I was watching!!)


Strangely, it doesn't look decorated here, but in person it seems much more overdone.



So, when it came time to do the outside lights on the house, I was excited to press forward and get it done (I'm told I was very particular about the way I saw it being done...thanks Mom!). But, once my husband got up on the first level on our roof, I was quickly informed that there was only one way to do it, (not the way I had planned) and also that he needed to get off the roof and take a nap because he felt like he was going to throw up because he was so scared. So, I tried to coax him off the lower level of our roof telling him it wasn't bad, etc...when it suddenly became very clear that he was too scared to come down alone. SO, I climbed the ladder made my way onto the roof and talked my husband down.



Needless to say, at this point I thought all hope for outside lights was lost, I was in fact informed that day that this was the case.



So, today as I was taking a nap, I woke up to find that my husband had climbed out our window in our bedroom and was putting up the Christmas lights. He did such a good job and later told me that he thinks that it is just the ladder that scares him. Here are some pictures of his triumph.

I know that is very difficult to see the lights at all (they are blue), but I just wanted to show my cute husband and what he did for our little family.

Isn't he adorable?

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Your house looks so cute! It is so fun to put up the decorations and always looks so sad and lifeless when we have to take them down. Steve is so sweet!

Daines said...

We had so much fun putting them up!
I always dread the day we have to take them down. I can't wait to put up the tree!

Candy Javier said...

Cassie it turned out so cute! Good work Steve...

Kiley said...

So cute Cassie - I'm dying to decorate our place! This weekend I hope to get to it :). Tell Steve great job on the lights! As for the movie - it's kind of small and I can't seem to open the pic in a new window, but I'm going to take a wild guess at The Wedding Planner??? It kind of looks like the back of M. MaConaughey's head and J.Lo. I'm probably way off :)

Daines said...

That's insane Kiley! I didn't think anybody would get that, but you're right I was watching the wedding planner...