Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Proud Sister

Recently I have been very impressed by one of my sisters in particular.



This is my sister Jackie with her cute family. This is her husband Russell, and their sons Russell, Trey, and Keyan. Jackie is two sisters older then me and such a wonderful example.
Jackie has always had the sweetest, most loving, quiet disposition (until late at night...then she's a wild pants). I have always been very influenced by her but even more so recently. Jackie has had a HUGE year, and she has handled so gracefully.
Russell finished his masters degree at BYU, they sold their home in Utah, had a baby at home alone unintentionally, and moved away from all their family and friends to Ohio for medical school. I was worried about Jack when they announced which school they were headed to, only because I am such a family-body and I know that she is too. But, I have been so impressed with the enthusiasm and fun that she has associated with this new stage in her life.
I hope that this doesn't embarress her too much (I know it did a lot), but I just wanted her to know that I am so proud of her, and I never thought it was possible to learn so much from someone so far away. I love you Jackie, and I miss you terribly!

A Special Note To Jackie
(I hope you understand that this was all a ploy to get some of those famous Christmas treats up here in the North...Love you!)

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Are you trying to make me cry? Because it's WORKING! You are so sweet, Cas! I only did what anybody in my position would do. And make no mistake, I am missing my family like CRAZY! I hope we get some visitors soon. We were really lucky to have Gin right before Thanksgiving. I will work on getting you some treats. Any requests? I haven't completely decided what I am making. Love you!

Daines said...

The chocolate dipped pretzels are always a hit, but I myself love the smore bar things...can't remember. Love you! Miss you!

Adrienne & Scott said...

Hey Steve! Do you remember me? Adrienne (Johnson)? I found your blog! Congrats on expecting a baby! Thought I'd say hi!