Friday, December 21, 2007

I'm awake...

For any of you who know my nephew Mercer...the phrase,"I'm awake..." is one you sort of dread. He sort of hollers this from his bed to let you know he's awake and just laying there, as I am now.
This part of my pregnancy has been largely defined by the fact that I really can't sleep at night. Nights are filled with short spurts of sleep, with strange dreams that make me wake me up and realize that I either need to pee or the baby is moving like a nutsy pants. Last night I had a dream that I was in sacrament meeting and someone was sitting on my lap, turns out I woke up and just REALLY needed to use the bathroom.
But, as fascinating as all that was, I am actually awake today for an entirely different reason. At precisely 5:50, both mine and Steven's cell phones went off. We were both pretty startled (causing Steven to reassure me several times by telling me it was just the stools in the kitchen, we have no stools in our kitchen) But, it turns out it was just Mom. She apparently has some Christmas shopping she would like to discuss before I head out to pick up Liz and finish the Christmas shopping. (At 10) So, I called her, got dad, was taken into the bathroom where I could hear her blow drying her hair, and I was told that this was a very critical part of her get ready time, she would have to call me back. Here I sit 40 minutes later, wide awake, waiting for the call.
So, for all you sisters out there who have wished to be closer...just consider!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

You have me laughing out loud! Abby is right, you should write a book or columns in the paper or Lady's Home Journal or something. You'd be great at it! Even considering, I would still love to be closer to you guys! Love and miss you so much!!

Anonymous said...

jackie, I love when I hear the words, Abby is right! living with naki, I rarely hear those words. cass, that is hilarious. but you'd better watch your step. motherhood has a crazy way of turning you into your mother, no matter how hard you push against it. it's only a matter of time now. oh. . and just prepare yourself. this is the best sleep you're going to get in the next 20 years. i'm secretly chuckling to myself at you, just in case you were wondering.

Candy Javier said...

Cassie, I am just glad she called me and not you. She knows not to dare call me so early, you gotta set your boundaries with that woman!! And in her defense her hair is easily ruined for the rest of the day if interupted! And just for the record, I think the nutsey pants quote was my favorite!!

Randi said...

Oh, Cassie,I love your blog. I have just been reading through all the old entries and laughing. Tyler didn't know you had one until today... So now he's laughing too! I'm awake.... its morning.