Friday, March 27, 2009

Around here...

Things around here have been shaping up quite nicely.
We've been having so much fun getting to know our Abby better. She prefers not to be swaddled, but surrounded by blankets, or arms. Preferably the latter.
She is very much loved by her brother, who we have to watch very carefully. When he wakes up in the morning, he walks into our room and goes straight for the moses basket.
It doesn't matter where she is, he'll find her. (And go right for the eyes. Why, Cooper?)



Growing up, I was usually sharing a room with one of my sisters. Some of the best nights were when everything was funny. We would laugh and laugh, and eventually hear one of my parents get out of bed to come talk to us. Of course, by the time they got there, we would have everything under control, and we would be pretending to sleep. They would always say, "I know you are awake, but go to sleep, and I don't want to hear you again." We would giggle, and then make fun of them when they left. This was all possible, because we would try to take a nap the next day, for which we were severely reprimanded. We were not allowed to take random naps, because that meant we would keep our parents awake all night.

I now understand.

Also, Cooper is learning to brush his teeth.

I said learning..

Also, my sister-in-law Randi took some pictures for us this week. I've seen a few, and I adore them, but I'm waiting to post them until I've seen all, so I don't inundate everyone. They are amazing, and I know I toot her horn all the time, but seriously people, she's amazing.
Thanks Randi.
Twist my arm! Here are two from our shoot...

Love you Randi!

6 comments:

The Shavers said...

Yes those were the nights and the days, when Mom would call while we were napping and we would clear our throats before we answered so that she wouldn't know that we were asleep haha!! Your littles are sooooo cute love it!!!!

Abby said...

You guys are so bad, Liz and Cass. But c'mon, do you still think that Mom didn't know you were napping!? And Cass, I love hearing how Cooper is always looking for her 1st thing, and about the eyes, I don't get it either. They can't seem to help themselves, though. And I just can't wait for his newest pictures to be posted. He is such an adorable boy.

Anonymous said...

It kills me to think that you guys thought you were fooling anybody. It serves you right that we put you to bed at 7 no matter what, even in the summer time when it was light until 9. I love Coops teeth brushing photos! Dad

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable pictures...the best! Love, Tim/Uncle tim

Anonymous said...

These expired "statute of limitations" stories just slay me...really!! And, wow, Daines...do you ever make beauteous kiddos! Love, mom/gma

Candy Javier said...

Remember when I hid in the closet downstairs in the Hayden house? I sure we thought we were so sneaky! And I am with Mom, your children are so gorgeous, Cass.