Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happiness Contributed To...

I've been reading blogs this week and I just started to feel a little down for everyone out there having an especially hard week. I was starting to feel a little bummed, so I thought for a long time about what I could do for myself to bring happiness and cheerfulness to my life. (Cheerfulness, harder then I thought)
SO, I returned to my roots. I started to listen to some music I haven't listened to since I lived at home with my parents. Whenever we would take a road trip together, usually to Utah, we would all bring our CD's and everyone in the car took turns picking one song from one CD and the trip would always go so fast. I always chose songs from my Dad's Diamond Rio CD's. Yes, they are a country band, (stop gagging all my in laws), and I love them. If Diamond Rio was on in our house, everyone was singing or dancing. I put some on this week and I was surprised how fast I was happy and singing.
So, to everyone out there having a rough time, I know it won't solve anything, but turn on some music that you love, that you love to sing, and maybe it might help a little bit.
To Some of My Sisters
1. Harry Connick Jr., Christmas Music
2. Honky Tonk Badonkadonk
3.Evanesance
4.Wicked
Turn it on and sing!

5 comments:

Life According to Scott said...

Cassie I know what you mean... my music is Brother IZ "Somewhere over the Rainbow".. It always puts me in my HAPPY place and makes me think of the time I was in Hawaii and It just puts peace in my life.

The Shavers said...

Thank you so much cas, that is such a great idea! I remember that was my favorite part of our trips!!!! Love you tons!

Candy Javier said...

Thanks for the suggestions, Cas! It has been really hard over here with James gone, and any little thing helps. Gotta love some good old Harry Connick!

Anonymous said...

Music is pretty powerful. I love the 50's and 60's channels on satellite radio. Whenever I turn on that music, it makes me smile. I love music so much that I always hated it when we were traveling and someone would bring along a DVD player because it meant that sooner or later we had to turn off the music. Music makes my world go around and I think that some of my kids, if not all, picked it up, too. What a cool legacy. Dad

Anonymous said...

While I love music too...I loved, loved, loved it when the van was rockin' with the sing-a-long louder than whatever was playin'!! Remember..."Come on, now, guys...BIG FINISH!!"??

Love, a more cheerful mom from reading this blog!!