Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Few Things

Yesterday we pretended it was our anniversary. Steven recently began working for our brother-in-law George at the new Paul Mitchell the School, Spokane. Steven is the Director of Admissions, and he's loving every minute of it! But, unfortunately the first day that classes begin (November 4th) is our anniversary. So, we took advantage of a semi-empty Saturday to celebrate!
We were lucky enough to have Mercer, so we headed to Old European, our biannual celebration spot! We had such a great time, but there were two moments in particular that stuck out.
1. Mercer ate a huge blob of butter before Steven or I could stop him. He made a funny face and then looked at us and said, "Yum. This tastes like ice cream!"
2. After ordering orange juice for Mercer, our waitress brought us all water to start. Mercer took a drink and said, "Guys, this tastes like water." With a clear look of disdain for both of us.
We ran a few errands, and then we headed over to Mallory's last soccer game of the season. Steve had a blast playing catch with Austin and Landon. I'm sure it was his talent that enabled him to catch the ball more then Landon, and not his height.

I really love this picture, and I wish that I had been closer to get a better shot. I was watching Cooper and when I looked over to the game of catch, I couldn't find Landon. Then I found that he had stopped playing to talk to Mercer about all his cars.
As as special surprise, Steven got us tickets to go see Phantom of the Opera at the Opera house in Spokane. We went to dinner at PF Changs beforehand with Kiley, Jarom, Staci, and Sydni. Jarom was mortified when I pulled out the camera for the waitress to take our picture. I'm glad I did it though!

It was so fun to have an evening with everyone, and the show was amazing. Special thanks to Matt and Dana who watched Cooper for a very long time so we could go.

Happy Anniversary!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mercer is so cute! How fun you got to see Phantom. Something on my to-do-someday list.

Monica McCoy said...

Happy Anniversary! It stinks when the real think is busy, but I am glad you guys got to celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Another step closer to eternity!! Love, mom

Ann Sorensen said...

Happy Anniversary Cassie! I am so excited you are having a girl. So am I! How are you feeling? We miss you at church!

The Shavers said...

I love the water thing, and I love old european, pf changs, and phantom! I am so jealous!!! Miss you guys, Happy anniversary!!!