Monday, December 8, 2008

Project Day

Why does it seem like all the fun stuff happens around Christmas? There is so much to pack in, here's what we did the last few days.
Yesterday we all headed over to Spokane to view a really amazing collection of nativities. It was quite the experience as there were hundreds from all over the world. We were so grateful to all the volunteers who made it so amazing. There were different types of hangings and trees and activities for the little kids. We had so much fun with hot ham and cheese sandwiches beforehand, and the Christmas broadcast at the end. I'm so glad we went!

Today was one of those days when you try to pack every odd errand you've been waiting to do in the same day. We did some banking, job errands, returned things, etc. On top of it all we decided to put up our Christmas tree today. I'm personally having to learn to relax about how things end up. I've found that I'm much happier watching Steven put on lights then I am putting things on and constantly backing up to make sure I didn't create a "hole". Also, the past few years we've had blue lights and glass ornaments on our tree, but this year since Cooper's gotten so mobile we decided to just do lights, bows, and candy canes. It wasn't until I got our decorations out that I remembered that last year Mom gave me some stuffed ornaments. Perfect.
Ta-Da!

Last but not least, we put together some gift baskets. It was really fun to grab all the stuff from the car and walk in and see this guy. (Notice the Candy Cane...)

Ta-Da!

Happy Busiest Time of Year!

9 comments:

The Grimmett's said...

I know what you mean by the busiest time of year! But it is so much fun and exciting! Happy Holidays!

Ritzville RS said...

Wow! Those baskets (and that tree!) look fantastic. Great job!

Jackie said...

You have the cutest little helper, too! He is so adorable. Those baskets look so fun and fantastic! What great gifts!

Life According to Scott said...

I hear that when you have children you dont do the tree out of martha! It's funny Becca said the same thing about Theo... but he is bitting off the ends of the candy canes.

I do remember mom making comments one time that she decorated her tree with all these beatiful Avon Ornaments that your grandmother got for her, to have little children knock over the tree or something and broke everyone... I am suprised any of you guys are living... I saw how mother could get! LOL!

I love you MOM! I guess that is why you start making paper snowflakes and paper chains and you buy plastic everything.

but once again its the memories your going to hold so dear to your heart!

Anonymous said...

hey. . . where's my gift basket?! Just kidding. . . it's so great to see you all having so much fun with the season. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

I was having fun that day with Kaden and Mason and Cooper at the nativity...it was totally fun! Love, Tim/Uncle

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, children, if it wasn't for you everything I did would have been right out of Martha Stewart...NOT!! You were all the REASON for the Season... Okay, I'll admit to a couple of tense moments...but only a couple!! Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

Hey...what were the baskets for? Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

Welcome to parenthood. Being terminally busy is just one of the side issues and you will learn to relax sometime (maybe). Hang in there and have fun. Dad