Saturday, August 23, 2008

This Isn't My First Rodeo

It wasn't my first rodeo, but it was Cooper's and technically the first one that Steven could stay for all the way through. Whose Wrangler butt is this?

It's Cooper's! We had such a great time going to the rodeo with family. By far the highlight was watching Steve watch the barrel racers. He's so allergic to horses that he hasn't ever made it that far during the rodeo. It was a sad moment this morning when he told me that Barrel Racing was the rodeo event he wanted to participate in. I reluctantly informed him that that particular event was just for girls. (He's still pouting)

I love this picture of Mason and Cooper. In this picture you can see that Cooper is experiencing what every person who has on a new pair of Wranglers experiences. (You can't bend)
This isn't such a great picture, but I wanted to capture the moment.
We are lucky enough to get to have the Budweiser Clydesdale's here this year, and this is Steven standing next to one. You can see how well they have separated the horses from the public. But, I am always amazed at how huge they are.
We're going back today for the Draft Horse Pull. More Later!

7 comments:

Camille English said...

My family is at the fair today we were going to go but decided two possibly cranky babies would make the fair a little miserable. I love the wrangler but! Too bad about the barrel racing being only female:-(

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I were there with you. I just love the rodeo, and haven't been to nearly enough to satisfy the craving. And I definitely wouldn't know about the inability to bend in a new pair of wranglers, because I've actually never been a pair! Some experiences are just meant for others, I guess. How come Steven was able to make it through this rodeo longer than others?

The Shavers said...

That is so adorable, there is something about a boy butt in wranglers!! I do know about the not bending thing however and I am sorry coop! Wish we could have been there! Love you guys!

Brousseau Family said...

Poor poor steven. Life is never fair is it? Gray desperately wants to wear a fuschia pink girls swimsuit - but he can't either. . . sorry boys- love the wranglers - I forgot how much I love the fair - I'm taking my kids there next year. . .

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos of a terrific time...but a TERRIFIC photo of you, Cassie. You look radiant!! Oh, and you forgot to mention his work-a-day cowboy boots with the fleece lining...what a guy!! Yeehaw!!! Love, cowgirl gma

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how good Coops is. He watches without a peep. Great rodeo this year.

Dad

Anonymous said...

pound for pound, bulldogs out pull draft horses. Just an FYI.