Monday, August 11, 2008

Fairchild Airshow

This weekend we headed over to Fairchild Airforce Base for Skyfest 2008. It was a perfect day, and we had so much fun! The weather was awesome, 80 degrees and breezy, and all the kids were fantastic. Some of us were anxious to get there very early, (something tells me that mom would have gone the night before) so we arrived at about 11:00. We were able to see many amazing things, F-14's, F-22's, and the Blue Angels to name our favorites. Thanks for letting us know about it Mom!
We had lunch outside the event before we went in, while Tim told us about everything that was flying around us. I was very impressed by the men and women running the event, they were so gracious. Also, they screen everything you bring in, but because of that you can bring virtually anything onto the base. Packed lunches, coolers, etc.
When we first got in, the F-14 was just taking off, which they are watching in this picture. In the pictures below, he did a fly-by over everyone, and you can see the various reactions from Kaden and Tori.

Tori eventually got over all the loud noises, but it was cute because she would cover one eye, and try to watch the planes with the other.

After the airshow, we had planned on going out to dinner before the Shock game, but since there were 100,000 people trying to leave the airforce base at the same time, it took us an hour to drive a mile. So, by the time we got to the Shock game, Dad had purchased some pizza's for everyone.

Clearly, we were all a little hungry...

Go Shock!

3 comments:

The Cornett Family said...

Oh my goodness! I saw the baby nametag on the side of your blog and I totally didn't get it at first, I was like, "I could have sworn their baby was like 5 months!" Ok, I'm a loser. Anyway, Congratulations! When is your dues date? Will it be pretty close to your due date with Cooper? That's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

I love days like this. . . you pack so much in, you can't believe you did it all in one day. Then for several days after that when you don't actually go anywhere, it all evens itself out. I loved all the pictures. And would have loved to be there. I love seeing those planes.

The Shavers said...

THat sounds like so much fun! Wish we could have been there with you! I love those pictures of Tori covering her eyes, and I especially love the first picture where you can clearly see Tim explaining to everyone what is going on :) Love you Guys