Monday, August 4, 2008

Cooper the Pooper

I am very aware that every parent thinks that their children are special, smart, and beautiful. I of course think that all these things apply to Cooper as well, but he's got a few extra things that I love.

Cooper has a peaceful spirit. The best memory I have of this comes from our time in the hospital with him. Many of the nurses and doctors remarked on how surprised they were that he was so happy and calm even though he hadn't eaten in nearly a week. He helped us smile our way through that awful experience.

Cooper loves people. At the hospital I loved that each nurse would come and stand by Cooper's bed and try to talk to us, but she was unsuccessful until she would acknowledge Cooper since he would talk over her until she talked to him. Everywhere we go Cooper smiles at anyone who will smile back. I'm so glad he got his Dad's people skills and not my anti-social tendencies.

Cooper is a fantastic sleeper.

Cooper reminds me of his Uncle Tyler. Very much. He has a big heart, but can be pretty reserved. I'm so glad that he has his Uncle to look up to.

We love our little baby, so much in fact, that we are expecting another one March 13th, 2009.

17 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

Congrats! OH wow, that is so cool.

Randi said...

HOLY COW! Yeah!!! Congrats you guys. How far apart will they be??? :)

Roux686 said...

Ummm what just happened here?

Brousseau Family said...

Yea!!!!!! I can't believe it. Okay - I can. . . You guys hinted at it when we were there in May - wait a second. . . Did you get prego while we were at your house???? Hmm . . . . I want to know how far apart they will be too!!!

K

Daines said...

They will be almost 12 months apart. I'm selfishly hoping for a boy since I already have everything a baby boy could need during that season. Here's hoping!

onegotaway said...

Umm better move the date. That's the Koraner's birthday. Well, 3.14 anyways.

Kiley said...

Yay! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! Boy you're not wasting anytime are you! LOL. My brother and I are 13 mo apart and I was an accident. If you're hoping for another boy then you'll probably have a girl this time. That is so wonderful though!

Ritzville RS said...

CASSIEE!!!! Yay, congratulations!! I am so excited for you :)

Alicia said...

Congratulations to all of you. That is exciting, fun and crazy all at the same time!

The Grimmett's said...

That is so exciting! Congrats!

Jessica said...

Well, I always tell people that I love having my first two so close...hard for a little while, but it has made my life so much easier as they've gotten older.

Congratulations!!

Candy Javier said...

Cassie, you already know how excited and proud we are of you! Here's hoping for a girl...

Christina.B said...

Congrats! I am expecting in march as well!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you three. You are fantastic parents and where better to send another little one than to the Daines???

Crazy Corinne said...

CONGRATS CASSIE!!! That is so awesome! Cooper is a rad kid, I agree! He is always happy! That is so cool you are adding another one to the bunch!

Anonymous said...

Another Angel on the way...I love that we celebrated Cooper the Pooper in the announcement! By the way, could I get a print of that picture of Cooper to put next to the print of when he was in the hospital...what a contrast...and in so little time...MIRACLE!!! Love, mom/gma