Friday, May 22, 2009

Currency

Today I was grocery shopping with Tim, Cooper and Abby, and once we had loaded our groceries from both Costco and Wal-mart into the bed of our truck (in 80 degree weather) we got inside and found out that the truck decided it wasn't going to work. I found myself trying to make the best of the situation. (Thank you everyone at Paul Mitchell for covering for Steve so he could come rescue us) I even went so far as to find a baby spoon in the diaper bag so Tim could make sure that the ice cream didn't go to waste.
As I was sitting there I was thinking. Why can't my energy of wanting something to work SO BADLY transfer to the non-working engine? Why can't my hopeful wish to pay all bills translate into bills paid? It makes me think of Greenzo from 30 Rock. Speaking of the future he says, "If there was money in the future instead of just hugs!" That's how I was feeling today. I wish the new currency could be happy thoughts or good energy.
Should we start a movement?

6 comments:

Kelsee said...

I honestly think that we are twins. I was thinking that exact thing today. No, my car didn't die and I had groceries in the back that needed to be cooled, but after looking at our finances we have very little wiggle room, so little in fact that I can't buy $20 worth of paint. I wish that we could will bills to be paid and pay things off with hugs.

Matt and Amanda said...

I second that motion.

Anonymous said...

I'll trade hugs for money most anytime, if I have it.

Dad

Life According to Scott said...

Amen little sister... and I will agree with DAD hugs all the way

Anonymous said...

I know how hard it is Cass...I've never been in a situation like that...and I don't want it to be like that again! But, you did a great job of handling the situation!! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

Cassie...a wonderful piece of writing and a heavenly sentiment...one which, in the end, I am pretty sure is not far off. The currency is available and we just get to chose to use it...hugs to you!! Love, mom/gma