Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Little Bit of Proud Bragging

I'm sure that everyone thinks that they married the perfect guy, but I can actually say that I did.
For the past few months, things haven't been easy for Steven. He's been facing struggles everyday. But somehow, he still manages to be an amazing example. For a few months he'd told me about someone at work asking him questions about the gospel, and how it brightened his day each time. Then one day he called me to tell me that she and her husband were getting baptized, and that she had asked him to baptize her. The baptism was amazing.
The next day Steven babysat so I could go to the adult session of Stake Conference. Imagine my surprise when the Mission Presidents wife spoke about member missionaries and then preceded to tell the story about Steven and the woman at his work. Apparently one of the missionaries at the baptism was going home that night, and told the President and his wife all about it.
I was so proud of Steven for being exactly who he is everyday. He is such an example to me and everyone around him. How lucky I am to have married someone who is an amazing husband, father, and Priesthood holder.

Love you Babe.

3 comments:

dad said...

Yes, he is pretty special. Good work, Steven.

Life According to Scott said...

Steven you are great... what an example to us all!

Anonymous said...

Being, and continuing to be, in the right spot at the right time; knowing that you are; and having the courage to then do what is required. Some of the things I LOVE about that man of yours!!! Love, mom/gma