Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How Much Trouble Are You Worth?


This little girl is definitely a hand-full.

She is so funny, but she is so much work. We've struggled through so many things together, and just when I think we've conquered something...we always end back up at square one. From the first few days of Abby's life, we've struggled with her skin. She scratches, it's dry, lotion burns it...you name it, we've dealt with it. I'd thought we were passed it, but we're back in the thick of her issues. As we speak she's in the tub soaking, one of the only places where she will relax.
Abby figured out when she was really young how to cross her eyes, but she's doing it so much now that we're going to have to go get that checked out...my opinion about her eyes changes almost weekly. Days will go by and she won't cross them, but then we go to church or out with different people, and she crosses them the whole time. Eye doctor, here we come.
Abby loves to talk. Her verbal skills have increased Cooper's. I love hearing her say new words, her little voice is so cute.
Babs is not sleeping well lately. It feels like every nap and night is a struggle. Blythe sleeps through the night better then Abby does.
But, when the moments come where she turns to me and smiles (and usually raises her eyebrows) all those things are forgotten, and I remember that she is a little baby girl. One day I'll have forgotten these struggles and we'll be on to bigger and more complicated ones. I'm learning to appreciate these baby moments. (I'm chanting that in my head... over and over...)
We love our little Babby.

4 comments:

Kiley said...

I love her!!! What a fun little girl. It's all so worth it - so stinkin hard, but SO SO worth it. We love you guys!

Kelsee said...

My mantra with Cooper is "He's still little, be patient!" But it's so hard sometimes. Be strong! -Kelsee

dad said...

She is very unique, isn't she? You just never know in what kind of package little ones will arrive.
It sure makes parenting a challenge, but always positive and fun. I can't wait to hear what she has to say when she starts talking a little more!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that last photo...I am still laughing...she is a pistol, that one is...a real PISTOL!!! Love, mom/gma