Friday, June 27, 2008

A Full Day...

I've never tried to blog with three children in my lap, so bear with me if things are a little strange.
We had a really full day today. Candy and I went shopping to get all the supplies for a ward bbq tomorrow. It's a missionary activity organized by the activity committee, so Candy and I took the hit with both our husbands somehow ending up in charge. (Yikes!)
So, we hit up Costco and Wal-Mart and managed to get our supplies for under $200. (Our out-of this world budget) As part of our carnival/bbq we decided to do a Goldfish pool, so the kids could capture the Goldfish and take them home as pets. We bought 100 goldfish at 28 cents a piece, and we were pretty proud of ourselves. They're dropping like flies. We've already flushed 5 and there are a whole bunch more that are not very responsive. The good news is that for 9o days Wal-Mart replaces them, and you only have to bring the receipt. The poor fish man at the store told us that sometimes people freeze them and then bring them back. (Because?)
So, wish those poor little guys luck tonight and tomorrow...
Steve was awesome and watched Tori, Sammy, and Cooper so we could go to the store quickly.
Ah, true love. (Sadly a few minutes before Steven, I sat on the ghetto chair without the bottom legs locked into positon, and it of course collapsed. I know I was experiencing some fantastic karma because I was blessed to have Candy witness the entire thing and remind me all day.


We hung out the rest of the day, with Dexter and Mercer too. It was a fun day, especially because we lathered Cooper up and he had his first fun experience in the water. We had tried previously, but Sammy was in the pool then. We all know that telling a one year old not to splash is about as effective as saying, "Don't look!" to another person. Why do we bother?




Steve was sweet enough to sit in our little pool and hold Cooper. It was pretty funny to see, considering that Steve took up about 2/3rds of the pool. What a great daddy.

Cooper is filling out so well! We are so excited to see some new chubs on him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids, Cars, Ghettos and goldfish...I enjoyed every minute of your latest posts. My favorite, favorite, favorite is comparing Coop's hospital photo to the most recent chub-shot!! Love, mom

Randi said...

i can't thank you enough cassie! such a huge help to george who is still sick, and a relief to me to know that D is finally getting to play indiana jones. :) Thank you thank you thank you!!!

The English's said...

Sounds like it gonna be a fun party! Cooper is so cute I love the last picture.

Ritzville RS said...

I am so sad I missed out :(
But I LOVE the pics, and I am so glad that Cooper got to experience his first pool experience in the safety of Steve's arms!
Oh, btw, sorry you had bad karma!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear Coops is plumping up. Also nice to see some decent weather. Wouldn't you know I would be half way around the world and miss it. See you soon. Dad

The Cornett Family said...

I'm so glad to hear and see that Cooper is doing better! I was worried about him, nothing scarier than your baby being in the hospital!