Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Change of Pace

Okay People. The blissful, delirious "I'm only gaining weight because I'm pregnant" stage has sadly ended. (Or ended, sadly) Both apply. The end of my rope has been reached, the camel's back is broken and I'm getting splinters from the bottom of my patience barrel. We're making changes around here!

We've started working out again, and we are both really excited about it. Upon some discussion between the two of us we discovered that neither of us had seriously worked out since we got married. Gross, I know. So, we've set some new goals, including weigh-ins and measuring (did anyone other then me just barf a little into their mouth..) We started two weeks ago, which means that this week is a weigh in.


What lurks under the bed...


The Scale!
We weighed in two weeks ago, and after the weigh in, Steven hid the scale under our bed with this note taped to it. Clearly he remembered that when we got married I threw his scale away saying I never wanted one in our house be cause I get too obsessed about it. What a great husband.

Just for anyone out there who now thinks I'll be a work out buddy or fun to run with (I'm talking to you Randi...) don't expect much. It takes me a while to work up to those running goals. But, I'd be happy to challenge anyone to the elliptical!

Wish us luck! (A Lot O' luck!)

13 comments:

Renee' P said...

Good luck guys! I am way out of shape myself. Just keep up the goals.

Anonymous said...

What a great goal, and how fun you are doing it together. You can do it, I know you can do it!!

Randi said...

I'm comin' over for a jog!! 4 miles anyone?

Daines said...

You can pull me on a wagon!

Brousseau Family said...

Awesome - I am so proud of you guys. Getting back into shape sucks. Matt is doing the same thing. Can he join in? When are weigh-ins, measuring days, etc. Maybe we can make it a group effort . . . Kim joined 24 (Bailee's mom) and is working hard on her baby weight too. Don't give up! K

Daines said...

Tomorrow is our second weigh in. We weigh in every two weeks, on Thursday. We are going to post our lbs lost on our blog. We are working out M-F, and we stopped eating sugar except for one day a week. Call me with anymore questions!

Candy Javier said...

I barfed in my mouth...

Brynne said...

You are so hilarious! You blogs always make me laugh out loud. That is awesome that you guys are doing it together! Remember, it takes time!! Don't get discouraged!

Kiley said...

Best of luck guys! The kids and are going to start frequenting the centennial trial if you and Coop ever want to join us. We would love it!

Toby and Tammy said...

Good for you guys! I hope that I get motivated to lose the baby weight...and some other weight after the baby comes. Hope you reach your goal!

Anonymous said...

What a shocking experiment (excercising). Are you going to wear your shocks to exercise? The Shock beat Boise (yea Shock), and Candy shocked us all by singing the national anthem at the game.

Peterson's said...

The funniest part of having a baby is you swear you should lose at least 13 lbs after you have it, but if you check the scale you have lost less then the baby weighed! Not fair!

Anonymous said...

Just remember...9 months on...9 months to take it off...and for women even more...NUTS!! The body is a miracle...be patient and be consistent then let it perform...Love, mom