Monday, April 14, 2008

More like...

We have never pretended to be anything but what we are (complete dorks). Lately, one of our nephews has become completely enamored with R2-D2. I of course was aware of the character from watching the movies as a child, but I didn't understand the attachment until this last week.


Recently Steven and I watched the third movie in the series, which was the last movie made. After watching that one, we decided to watch all the old ones. We have had so much fun! We discovered that even though we watched the movies as children, we really didn't understand what was happening in the least. Watching the movies as adults has been a completely different experience. As we watched all the movies I remembered that many people have drawn Gospel paralells to different aspects of the Star Wars flicks, so I decided to look for my own, and thanks to Mercer's obsession, I found one!

As I watched the movies I watched R2D2 very carefully, and I've decided that I'm going to try to be a little more like him, and these are the reasons why.
  • He never complains. He goes through so many different horrible experiences and he never says (beeps) anything negative.
  • He puts up with C3P0's constant complaining and worrying.
  • He doesn't seem to mind being a little stout.
  • He gets everyone out of trouble ALL the time.
  • He gets bossed around constantly, but still pulls through for everyone.
  • He gets put through the ringer and beat up all the time because of what the people he loves and serves put him through, but he always comes back stronger having learned from his last experience.
  • He has managed to expertly pack his tools in a very organized manner.
  • Even in the most horrible situation his sounds are cheerful and positive.

I'm going to try to put some of these attributes into action in my life. Thanks R2D2!

7 comments:

Ritzville RS said...

What a fun perspective!! thanks for sharing :)

Renee' P said...

What a great imagination you have!! Those are all great things to try to improve on.

Anonymous said...

oh sweetie! that's so cute!

Candy Javier said...

Yeah sweetie, cute!

Miranda said...

Cassie I LOVE reading your blog!! Your posts never fail to bring a smile to my face. We miss you tons and can't wait to meet cooper this summer.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, Cas! The world would be a better place if we could all be a little more like R2 D2.

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed years of spiritual searching of Star Wars...and never, never, thought of the precious goal setting to be enjoyed in trying to follow the example of R2D2. Cassie...I loved it completely...Love, grandmother