Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Difficult Change...

As I've posted about before, we love our dogs very much. Since we've come home from the hospital, it's become increasingly apparent that we are unable to handle all three of our dogs and the baby. After a lot of prayer and thought Steven and I decided that we needed to find a new home for at least one of the dogs so that they could receive the care and attention that they need. So, again after prayer and thought, we decided that we were going to find a new home for Brother. Our decision was largely based upon the fact that he is a purebred, and also a fairly rare dog, leading us to believe that he would be the easiest to find a good home for. I put him in the newspaper, and we've received about 8 calls today from people who want to have him. We decided on a family in Priest River who have 10 acres and 1 dog that is lonely. She uses her dogs for search and rescue for the local Sheriff's department, which made us feel like he would really be well taken care of. So, she's coming to pick up Brother tomorrow, and even though it makes us really sad, we're excited for all the space and fun he's going to have at his new house. (I'm totally crying)

So, I wanted to post a little tribute to Brother, we love him so much, and we're so excited for him.




We love you Buddy!

9 comments:

Ritzville RS said...

*sniff* Parting with a member of the family is so difficult, but it seriously helps to know that they will have their own bedroom that is bigger than yours ;) (yeah, can you tell I've been through this too?). At least you know you're not alone, but you are making the right choice!

Anonymous said...

Cassie, I'm crying, too. I'm so sorry you have to give Brother away. I know how much you love him.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Cass....but it is reassuring to know that he will be able to be a volunteer sheriff on the weekends (maybe in lacawana county????) haha love you guys and love brother too!

Candy Javier said...

I'm proud of you guys for finding such a wonderful place for him. We miss you Brother...

The Grimmett's said...

That is really sad. However, I loved the picture of him with all of the flowers in the back ground. It's like the photo shoots you do with babies! I love it! I hope everything went well today!

Anonymous said...

I'm crying too. I know how that feels, I'm so proud of you guys for making the decision and then finding such a WONDERFUL spot for him! He'll remember you...

Anonymous said...

i'm sad with you.... I LOVE brother.

Anonymous said...

I suppose really "loving" is wanting the very best for another...not our very best, but theirs. I am proud of you for knowing that...painful though it may be. Love, grandmother

Anonymous said...

vAfter reading all of the female comments (the crying and such), I think a manly point of view is in order. I am sad, too, but you are definitely doing the right thing. Brother will be just fine. Love, Dad