Monday, March 10, 2008

Lately...


We've had so much fun lately! Steven has finally learned that my favorite date is going grocery shopping with him. Sadly, he has also learned that he detests these dates. He is such a good sport and this last time when we went together we got to take Sammy too! We had fun fielding all the,
"Oh, he's so adorable..." sort of comments. I told Candy that I will never take my child anywhere with hers, there is no way they could compete! Of course we were fully aware that people were puzzled as far as his origins were concerned..but we had such a fun time with the one-tooth wonder.






Sadly this last picture is the by-product of Costco ice cream overdose...

I think my favorite quote of the day was definetly an elderly woman who stopped us and told Sammy he was beautiful and then she turned to Steven and I and said, "Where did he come from?"

Just a few other things...
We are really enjoying Steven's calling as Ward Misson leader. We are learning so much about our ward and why the church is run the way it is. We are trying to think of ward-strengthening ideas and I thought I might open that up for discussion. We talked about putting together a play group for some of the younger mothers, and single ones, challenging people to have at least one family over for dinner they don't know...etc. We had a great experience on Sunday when a man Steven has been fellowshipping came to church all on his own. It was an awesome feeling and we are anxious for other ideas to keep the missionary ball rolling!

Also, a few posts ago I wrote about a young man in our ward who is very much like Tim in a lot of different ways. This week his older brother (who is also like the Timster) spoke in our ward. His talk was awesome and very inspirational. He spoke of how when we do all we can, Heavenly Father will make up the difference. Our favorite part was a story he told about playing with his bebe gun in the backyard. He was throwing things into the air and trying to shoot them while they were still midair. He however missed, and shot the back sliding door instead, breaking it.(Steven leaned over at this point and said, "Does that mean he was shooting toward the house...." His dad said that after he had given all the money he had to fix it, he would chip in the rest. I thought the images of the story were funny enough on their own, but Steven later told me that in Preisthood Ammon admitted he was actually practicing so he could be more like Annie Oakley. Awesome.

WARNING! PREGNANCY STUFF AHEAD...DIVERT IF NOT INTERESTED!
I went to the doctor today, and they told me that I am 4 centimeters dialated and 50% effaced. They estimated that if we had the baby today he would weigh about 7 pounds. I am so excited! Throughout the pregnancy there have been some problems with my blood pressure readings, and they told me today that if I don't have the baby on my own this week, they will probably induce me next week! We are so excited.
We hope everyone else is doing well!

11 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun update! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a baby this week!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness so excited I can't even contain myself!!!!! I love reading what you write cas you are such a talented writer...I am always entertained!!!! Love you Steven and Baby Coop Coop!

Anonymous said...

Yay, he's finally coming!!! Can you possibly update the blog more often this week so I can know what's happening? I can't wait! Also, going with the having people over for dinner idea...Our ward does dinner groups. A date is set, then everyone interested signs up and indicates on the sign-up sheet if they would like to host or just attend and if they want to host,how many people they can host. Then whoever is in charge, puts the groups together and then calls the hosts to let them know who they will be having for dinner. Then the host calls those people and sets the time. (I think I just said host too many times...) We've had a really good experience with it, because we have been able to meet people in our ward that we might not ordinarily have met. It's fun.

Randi said...

Yeah! Go Cassie, go. Start running or something. love the onion.

Monica McCoy said...

WAHOO!! Wow- you are so far along already. Only 6 more centimeters to go. I am so happy for you guys. Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

Toby and Tammy said...

A baby this week!?!? Wow, can't believe that it's going to happen. Hope you are feeling well and stay healthy.
I also love to go grocery shopping with my husband and he hates it too. Wonder why!?!

The Grimmett's said...

Good luck with the baby! I hope all turns out well with the blood pressure thing. My cousin's wife had blood pressure problems too and it ended up being pretty serious. We will be praying for you, and we can't wait to see pictures of your little guy.

(By the way, the boy that you took to the grocery store kind of looks like Steven a little bit! He is totally cute! Love the mohawk!)

Ritzville RS said...

Hey honey!! Almost done!! Yay!!
Can't wait to meet Cooper :)
Hey, in our ward, we actually DO have a playgroup, normally Thursdays, but since winter has slowed us down, we stopped until the sunshine is back :) We meet on Thursdays at 10, at various locations (or at the church in inclement weather). So, I can't wait for you to start bringing little Cooper!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! He's almost here! Really the farther along you are before you go into labor the better and quicker you're labor will probably go! That's so exciting.
Keep us updated and can't wait to see some pics of him soon!

Brynne said...

Cassie, Good luck with the whole labor and delivery!! It is such an exciting time...crazy, and hurts, but it's exciting!! How are you feeling??!

Toby and Tammy said...

You haven't posted in a while....does that mean baby's here?!? :) Hope you're doing well.