Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had so much fun this Easter. We loved the egg decorating, Stake Conference, and Easter dinner. On Saturday we attended our ward's easter egg hunt. Steven got to give a quick devotional before the hunt that really made an impression on me that I wanted to share.

He likened the apostles running to the tomb to look for the Savior, to the children running looking for their eggs. He spoke of how when we are done with our treats and our eggs are empty we can remember that the tomb was empty, and how important that is. He went on to talk about other Easter similarities, but the image he presented will always stay with me. I was asked to play the piano for the devotional, so he gave his talk holding the baby, which was a really special thing for me too.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend, you'll have to forgive me, I'm a little baby obsessed.

Egg decorating...

This picture was taken moments before Tori started decorating her hands too...



Daddy and Coop taking a Sunday nap.




Thanks to Randi and Staci for convincing me to get a moses basket, it is my favorite!
Tori has been such a fun cousin for Cooper. She's always helping, talking to him and patting his tummy. Thanks Tori!

Here are the guys at Stake Conference, Cooper's first Sunday!


(These next pictures are a shout-out to Naki)
Sleeping like a normal person...
Sleeping like a Davis.

11 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

Good job Steve, that will make me look at Easter egg hunts differently from now on.
Cooper is super cute! Loved his Easter outfit. Very handsome.

Candy Javier said...

Oh my gosh! I cannot get enough of that baby... and that tie, so adorable!

Brynne said...

His litte church outfit is the cutest! Even the little tie. You're so awesome, Cassie! Man, it's great, huh?! I also love the post of Timmy. He sure is a great guy.

Anonymous said...

Ok he totally has some Davis in him hahaha We just can't keep our mouths shut hahaha Love you guys and your cute cute baby!!!!!

Ritzville RS said...

Love the pics you post!!
I esp. love the matching ties!
Hope everything is going well :)

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. Thanks for posting pictures of Candy, Tori, and Sammy since she's such a big slacker! Cooper is SO cute! He looks so adorable in all of these pictures.

The English's said...

Hi Cassie, This is Camille Tolley now English. I just happened to run into Your blog and wanted to say Hi and Congratulations on your baby! He is so sweet I would have named Kendal Cooper if she was a boy! Our blog is chrisandcamilleenglish.blogspot.com stop by and say hi if you want. Say Hi to your mom for me!

Camille

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Those pix are sweet you guys! It's ok if he sleeps like a Davis Cass...just as long as he watch TV like a Davis, or get catch staring off into space like a Davis or anything else you guys do with your mouth open for no reason! LOL! Congrats guys he's a good looking baby!

Renee' P said...

Wow, your son is so beautiful. You can't take enough pictures of your baby. Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Ann Sorensen said...

Your babe is adorable. What a sweet blessing to have! Looks like you had a lot of fun during Easter!

Anonymous said...

I take personal offense at the "open mouth" comments...I don't know what ya'll are talking about!! I especially love the picture of Steven and Cooper side-by-side...Alma and Seth...you meet one and you've met the other!! Love, grandmother