Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Marsha

I love this picture. Recently I was going through some letters from when Steven and I were first married. I was so impressed looking back at how sweet Steven's mother was to me, the newbie. She has always been so loving, and this picture shows exactly the relationship they have.
When Baby Blythe was born, she took her sweet time in the delivery room. So, by the time she was born, Steven basically passed out. Here you can see him feeling a bit sheepish, and his mom taking care of him. I loved it. He struggled so badly that my sister Candy actually had to cut the cord because they wouldn't let Steven hold scissors. It was a great day.
Thanks Marsha for being such a great mom and Grandma.

4 comments:

Camille English said...

Is that true! Oh that made me laugh!
CHris went to cut the cord on one of the twins and he didn't cut all the way through. They had to tell him to finish it up.

dad said...

You married into a very special family, didn't you? We are so thankful for parents who raised children like Steven and all of our children's spouses and their families.

Anonymous said...

What a great memory...I loved how gracefully she executed the roles of both grandma and MOM!! Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

that was absolutely correct about that mom I hope I become like that through the future! love,tim\uncle tim