Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Apps

I don't mean for this to come across as any sort of product placement here on the blog, but it is truly something that I have loved lately.
For Valentine's Day, Steven got me my very own Iphone. I loved it. It came home from the store so shiny and sleek, I didn't think I was ever going to let anyone else touch it. Then, I watched my sister having her kids play preschool games on her phone. I dipped my toe in the pool with a Thomas the Train app. Cooper quickly figured it out on his own, and my jaw was literally on the floor as I watched him work the phone on his own. It was amazing. Since then, I've added so many fun apps, apps about matching, colors, letters and words.
Since Cooper and Abby have both been using the phone, I have been astounded to see their progress. Their verbal skills, color recognition, and even social skills have jumped ahead by leaps and bounds. Thank you, thank you to all those App creators out there.

2 comments:

Kiley said...

I want an iPad SO bad for this very purpose!

I'm so sad we didn't ALL make it to the party last week. Canon had a blast - what a great idea for a birthday party! I was looking forward to hanging out too and was so sad when I had to just send the boys :(

Hope you guys are well.

Spring is SO CLOSE!!!! We'll have you guys over to play soon :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Seems to me you are short one app-loaded phone!! ...or maybe two!! Love, mom/gma