Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Whenever I pull my camera out, I'm never quite sure what I'm going to capture. I find that I take most of the pictures of the kids when they are in the tub or eating. (Translation:CONTAINED)
So, I was uploading pictures the other day and came upon this series. What the.
We love this guy so much. My ideas of parenting have evolved so much since he was born. I really thought I knew what I was doing, but my perspective has changed so much. I'm so grateful for the gentle influence of the gospel. Everyday I learn something new through my children. Even though they are mostly goofs.

Makes me wonder sometimes.
What else will change my perspective about other things I think I know?
I love learning more about the kids each day.
The scary thing is, it makes me learn more about myself.

7 comments:

Abby said...

Aren't we so blessed that God loves us enough to entrust us with our munchkins so that we can learn. Amazing, the trust he has in us.

Camille English said...

he's so sweet. Hope everything is going well! Let me know if you need any help we're always here!

Life According to Scott said...

funny I was going to say the same thing abby.. you are sounding like mother.

Gin said...

My nieces and nephews teach me every day and I'm not even their parent!! They make me giggle and cry all at once on a constant basis...my sisters are INCREDIBLE mothers and I love watching it.

dad said...

They are all so special and Coops is no exception. Thanks for asking me to watch them all Saturday night. It was really fun. Hope I wasn't too stern with all of them, but you know how grumpy gramps is.

Anonymous said...

I clearly know what your saying since as recently as today...my children are my pillar of light to find myself IN the Lord!!! Love, mom/gma

Jessica said...

I know! I'm constantly amazed that Faith is giving me a run for my money--I've done 18 months 4 other times! Can I really have a kid THAT different that I have to re-evaluate everything?

Apparently.

And: can you email me? jessicaromney@hotmail.com