Monday, April 4, 2011

Nook

Around here, Milk is king. When Cooper first started to talk, one of his first words was "Nook", which in fact means Milk. So, it sort of stuck and I know we are damaging him, but we have started to refer to it as Nook, and now Abby thinks that Milk is actually Nook. One day I actually spelled it out loud to Steven as N-O-O-K. How embarrasing.

So, Coop's no fool. He loves to have a bit of the white gold as he goes to sleep. He REALLY loves it if he has exhausted all of his other come-out-of-his-room options. So, tonight as we were coming up the stairs he said, "Mommy, Nook?" To which I replied, "No." Then he said, "Mommy, Rawer?" (Water) Again I replied, "No." Then he said, "Brawberry Milk?" I replied, "Cooper, you don't even like Strawberry Milk!" And he said in a jokey voice," How about...Nook?"

He's no fool.

3 comments:

Malerie said...

its amazing how our kids try to out smart us huh?!

dad said...

Makes you wonder who is in charge at your circus.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...laugh, laugh, laugh!!! Sign this kid up for law school!!! Love, mom/gma