Friday, October 1, 2010

The Unveiling...

Presenting our little Babber's in glasses!
We are so excited for her, she's totally loving them.
For a few months now, in public Abby would go cross eyed when someone would talk to her that she wasn't really familiar with. Then, more and more she started to do it at home, so we took her to the eye doctor. Turns out, she's extremely far-sighted, so interacting with strangers was hard for her since she couldn't focus on their faces.
When we went to pick her glasses up, Candy and I headed to Costco directly after, and she was saying hi to everyone over and over again. She is like a whole new baby. With the glasses I'm suddenly reminded that she is still very much a baby. She is doing such a good job keeping them on (strapping them on helped too..) but we are beyond proud of her.
(Editors note...I recognize they are crooked in every picture...
I've become resolved that I think it's just the way they fit her head!)






Congratulations Babbs!

10 comments:

The Shavers said...

She is so cute, like a little librarian!!!

Jackie said...

She is so precious. I'm so glad she can see better. I remember when Russell got his glasses, I felt so guilty that he hadn't been able to see the world and everything around him. I was so happy when he was finally able to. Love you guys. See you soon!!

Brousseau Family said...

They are ADORABLE!!! I can just imagine her saying hi to everyone and being so thrilled at her new view on life. Such a relief for her.

dad said...

When my niece, Cindy, first got her glasses, she was amazed tha the buildings had second stories. Abby looks so cute.

Anonymous said...

And so the canary sings...that's how it feels to watch her loving life with its new visions and vistas. What a wonderful blessing!! Love, mom/gma

Jenalee said...

It's just an undeniable fact that babies in glasses are the absolute cutest things in the world. What a good girl for keeping them on and not just trying to eat them all the time!

Kiley said...

so stinkin' cute!

Gin said...

I'm with them, she is so dang cute with those on and I LOVE it that she's happier! See you sooo-hoooon...

Heather said...

This is Adrienne. She is soooooooo cute. Reminds me of when I had glasses way back in the day. Then contacts came about and I've been different ever since.

Randi said...

that is the most cutest thing ever. I need a photo session with babby and her glasses. seriously.