Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Do Love A Puzzle...


The other day I introduced this puzzle to Cooper. He loved it, and I was so happy. I love puzzles. They are totally addicting to me, and I have spent many a night up doing puzzles instead of sleeping.
As I watched him I realized, Cooper himself is a huge puzzle. Before I actually became a parent I thought that every parent knew what "type" of child they had. Quiet or loud, good or bad...but I was totally wrong. Each kid is a huge puzzle. Some days Coop is quiet and peaceful, snuggly and loving. And some days he's aggressive and physical, crying and disobedient. And some days he's all of them wrapped into one. I've finally learned to take each emotion at a time, and not try to put him in a box.
We are all puzzles, but I swear this guys has missing pieces!

4 comments:

Life According to Scott said...

Very cute pic cassie, but better learning from that puzzle and what kind of puzzle we each are!

dad said...

Very insightful. Love that boy!!

Anonymous said...

...and I love the process of helping children find the missing pieces!! Magical journey!! Love, mom/gma

Anonymous said...

I love puzzles so much that was the most time i did in clarkston to do rather than video games that time. love,tim\uncle tim