Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Some Happenings...

Surprise! Things are crazy around here. So, the other day I was sitting downstairs with a few children when I realized a few other children had escaped from the toy room upstairs. When I say escaped, it was actually a true escape considering that I lock the door from the outside. (Don't judge...) So, Coops and Annie had escaped and I found them in my room. Cooper had found the baby shampoo, opened it, and had poured a goodly amount upon Annie's head, and was subsequently trying to wash her hair, dry. See below.



Also, Cooper's entourage is getting a little extensive for my taste. He started with Puppy, then added Hippo. A few months ago Hippo started to look a bit down-trodden, so we convinced Aunt Liz to donate the unused Hippo that she had. I had hidden the new Hippo for months, but a few days ago, he was discovered. So, the new group includes, Puppy, Hippo, and Hippo. He's often walking around hunched over to try to carry them all at the same time.

(Our family is really creative at naming stuffed animals...)

The other day through a series of unplanned events, we ended up in the car for WAY too long. Sometimes the only way to keep the peace is to take some pictures. Our boy loves the camera, it's pretty awesome.


I had a birthday last week! (So did Candy...)

We headed out to Wolf Lodge for our birthday dinner. I love that place. I may want to be buried there. When we got out there, we discovered that even when you think you leave your kids behind, it's sort of impossible. We found these things in Steven's pockets.


We had our family dinner on Sunday, and Cooper blew out his first candle. Less blowing and mores spitting, but it was a milestone nonetheless.
Also, this little girl who isn't little anymore went to the doctor this week. She's 31 inches long, and 19 and 1/2 pounds. That puts her in the 99th percentile, and the 50th. She's long and lean. It's so fun to look back on the pictures from when she was a newborn, we can't wait to see our new baby in July. We're pregnant!
Also, Harley sneezed on Liz at dinner. It was awesome.

Happy Happenings!

9 comments:

Kelsee said...

Ok, I seriously giggle when I read your blog because we seem to be going through the same things at the same time. Lol Zoe's entourage consists of 5 hard plastic dinosaurs, the dinosaur I made her for Christmas, her Mudgy doll and about 4 farm animals that are actually Cooper's. She carries them in a laundry basket. Then Cooper got a hold of some lotions of mine and got it all over himself... the upside was that he smelt lovely for the rest of the day! And we cut our Cooper's hair this past week too. Crazy. Happy late birthday! I always forget if its the 10th or the 11th. Sorry I missed it. Hope it was a good one! -Kelsee

Gin said...

YAYYYY prego prego pregs!! I'm so excited for you guys, congratulations agayne. And thanks for the post Cass, I gotta have the updates...xoxo.

Camille English said...

Happy birthday and Congratulations! July seems like forever away, this coming from a pregnant woman who has only 4 weeks to go.

My girls have grown really connected to their stuffed animals and babies lately too. It must be a phase.

The Grimmett's said...

Congrats! 3 will be so fun!

I won't judge. . . I'm pretty sure any mom with young kids does stuff like that! :)

Ritzville RS said...

I love your updates! Congratulations :) You make such beautiful babies, so it will be fun to have another cutie running around!

Kelsee said...

HOLY CRAP!!! I just read that sentence that you're pregnant again!!! Everyone is due in July! Sheesh! Congrats! That's awesome! -Kelsee

Renee' P said...

Holy crap! You're pg again? Wow! You guys go!

Congrats!!!!

Is that #3 then??

dad said...

This was quite an eclectic post, Cass. I like the fact that Coops clings to his stuffed animals - I can identify with that. Glad that Abs is growing - she is special. And, as always, congrats on the expected arrival. Love those babies!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...so many thoughts...so many photos...so much fun!! Two that rise to the surface...
1. I've always wondered what was in Daddy Steven's pockets!!
2. Isn't it fun to think of Annie holding still while Cooper douses her in shampoo!!??

Love, mom/gma