Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Belated Halloween

Totally late. I know.
This year we dressed our kids up as Calvin and Hobbes. Not my best decision. No one knew who Calvin and Hobbes were (what the?), and also because when the babies got separated it looked like we hadn't bothered to dress Coop up. I straightened Coopers hair to achieve the spiky Calvin look, but I learned all too late that Coopers hair doesn't straighten.
Also, it wasn't in my mother handbook to take a picture at the beginning of the evening, rather then the end.
I'm learning!
I made Trooper trick or treat with us this year. Oh yeah, and wear a witch hat. He loved it. See his wild eyed look?

We had a great time at our Grandparents houses. Spoiled are we.

In the comic strip, Calvin is typically the crazy one, but not in our car. Someone forgot to inform Hobbes that they were supposed to be the calm collected one.

We did a little treating at Paul Mitchell, the boy loved it. Who wouldn't? Cute girls coming at you with candy? Heaven.

Later we went and did some real life trick or treating. It was so fun.

(Notice how at this point Coop just looks like some lost costume-less lumberjack...)

What a great Halloween.

9 comments:

Kelsee said...

As soon as I saw the first picture I knew it was Kalvin and Hobbs! What is with people?! Very cute babies you have there Cass! -Kelsee

Life According to Scott said...

what an awesome halloween.

Brousseau Family said...

That boy is soo stinkin adorable... Love Abby's face- totally have seen that look from her before!

Gin said...

Reminds me of the flannel shirts I wore in high school, haha so trendy. I have to say that I also would've known they were Calvin and Hobbes!!! Obviously. You guys are the KA-YUTEST, miss you.

Abby said...

What??? Who doesn't know who Calvin and Hobbes are? What is wrong with people these days...those comic books totally kept me awake every Sunday afternoon, just couldn't put them down.

Jackie said...

What a GREAT idea! I love it. They are so cute. Miss you guys!

dad said...

Trooper is just that; a trooper. Give him his self respect back pretty soon, will ya? Also, no matter who you dress those two up as, it would be a hit.

Anonymous said...

I'm always a comic relief when I read Calvin and Hobbes every time. I'm not Calvin, I'm Hobbes; trust me...hitting Calvin everytime when he comes home from school! Love, Tim/Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

The weather was simply perfect...the companionship delightful...just a lovely halloween! Love, mom/gma